Saturday March 9th 2024 – 10am to 2pm
A Photography Exhibition l A Photobook l An Exhibiiton
You are invited to join in with a photo-haiku workshop led by professional photographer Stewart Wall. Designed to appeal to all photographers from beginners to the more expert you will experience an enjoyable day out with your cameras slowly meandering around the beautiful Caistor escaping the hectic world we live in.
Starting Point on the Day : Caistor Arts and Heritage 28 Plough Hill, Caistor, Market Rasen LN7 6LZ
Early-bird booking (sale price) finishes at the end of February or when fully booked
Payment for the course can be by:
- paypal (click on paypal button)
- debit/credit card (click on paypal, and then click pay by debit / credit card)
- bank transfer (add to basket and then go to basket via pop up menu)any booking difficulties please call/text Stewart on 0795 512 4000
Out of stock
A Great Day Out Enjoying Photography at a slow pace
Saturday March 9th 2024 10am – 2pm
The Workshop Location: Caistor. This workshop will begin at the Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre with a coffee and chat about how we use our cameras to create better photographs, and how we engage with the scene we want to photograph to create these little stories. We will then slowly meander around Caistor creating some great photography. We will finish back at the Arts and Heritage for a final chat about photography and an opportunity for attendees to buy some lunch at the centre if they wish.
- The workshop is aimed at all photographers, from beginners to the more expert. All participants are supplied with a copy of Stewart’s ‘Masterclass in Creating Photo-Haiku Photography Projects’ to guide them through the workshop. Stewart will be leading the workshop to answer all questions and give advice. The guide is kept by the attendees after the workshop.
The workshop is aimed at all photographers from beginenrs to the more experienced
During the workshop you will learn things like:
- How to use your camera / phone-camera to take better photograph
- How to see like an experienced photographer
- How to shoot little photo-haiku projects and visual stories about what you see
- How to have great fun with the camera
The Caistor in March Project Photo-book
After the event, all attendees will also be invited to have images in the Ginko Photobook from the workshop and will receive a complimentary copy in the post once it is created. These books are a marvellous momento of the workshop day, and prove a great learning aid as you will be able to see what your peers created on the same day of the same thing as yourself.
The Caistor Arts and Heritage Exhibition: An added bonus
All attendees will also be invited to have work in an exhibition at the Caistor Arts and Heritage centre that will take place in April 2024. (There is a small contribution of a minimum £10 towards the cost of printing and framing requested from attendees).
You will be invited to the ‘Meet the Artist’ evening on April 18th as contributing photo-haiku artists.
Raising Awareness of Andy’s Mans Club
Two of the attendees at a photo-haiku workshop at Bath. We have regular breaks during the day, and the walking is at a gentle pace
The workshop / photobook / exhibition is being organised in conjunction with the Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre to raise awareness of Andy’s Man Club which is a UK charitable organisation described as “a talking group, a place for men to come together in a safe environment to talk about issues and problems they have faced or are currently facing”.
The Tutor: Stewart Wall MA ARPS
In 2020 the Royal Photographic Society commissioned Stewart to write the criteria for a new distinctions genre called ‘Photo-books’ which he chaired for the first two years of its existance. He is also a Chair and Assessor of the Licentiate Distinction. He is an avid creator of photo-books and has plans to create 100 photo-books in 2024.
Stewart has been a professional photographer since he was taken on as a staff press photographer for The Brentwood Gazette in 1978 whilst he was still technically a school boy. He went on to freelance for Fleet Street supplying images to newspapers such as The Sunday Times, The Express and the The Daily Mail.
In more recent times, over the last decade he has returned to school and completed a BA (hons) degree in Photography, an MA in Visual Communication (using photography) and a Level 7 PGCE teaching qualification in Lifelong Learning.
Project Caistor in March : A Great Place to Make Photography
Throughout the day there will be some amazing opportunities to make some superb photography at Caistor. Places on the workshop are limited so please book early.
The Workshop Price includes:
1) Coffee / Tea on arrival at the Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre
2) The Photo-Haiku Workshop
3) The Masterclass Guide Photo-book to Creating Project Photography using Photo-Haiku
4) A Complimentary copy of the Project Caistor in March Photo-book including postage to a UK address
5) A great day socialising with like minded people
If you have to cancel we will make a full refund if we can fill your place.
In the unlikely event the event has to be cancelled we will refund the course fee or offer a place on another event if you prefer.