Sunday March 24th 2024 – 10am to 4pm
Venue: Old Grammar School, Chipping Sodbury near Bristol and Bath.
Limited to twelve places
Early-bird booking (sale price) finishes at the end of February or when fully booked
Payment for the course can be by:
- paypal (click on paypal button)
- debit/credit card (click on paypal, and then click pay by debit / credit card)
- bank transfer (add to basket and then go to basket via pop up menu)any booking difficulties please call/text Stewart on 0795 512 4000
Out of stock
Part of the Designing a Great Photo-book Like a Professional Workshops
covering many aspects from Making Photography to Project Concept to Design & Printing
An Advanced Masterclass in Creating a Photobook like a Professional using Affinity Publisher
March 24th 2024 10am – 4pm
Creating ‘Distinctive Photo-books using Creative Photography and Affinity Publisher
A Masterclass in creating ‘Distinctive Photography and Photo-books
During this masterclass, Stewart will use his professional commercial and press photography skills to take a set of creative and distinctive photographs that create an cohesive and in-turn distinctive Photo-Essay. He will then post produce the images for publishing, and then using advanced techniques, create a distinctive photobook using Affinity Publisher. You are welcome to bring along your own camera and laptop and work alongside Stewart to create your own distinctive Photobook.
NB: This advanced masterclass assumes you already have a working knowledge of Affinity Publisher, or you have attended Stewart’s ‘Purely Affinity Publisher’ workshop.
During the Masterclass we will look at advanced ways of sequencing, both digital and using prints.
Image from a Photo-book workshop in 2023 in Lincolnshire
By the end of the workshop you will know:
- How to create distinctive photography for photo-books
- How to create more complex designs in Affinity Publisher to make more impactful photo-books
- How to use images and text in more creative ways
- How to create powerful and sitinctive photo-book concepts
- How to use colour in design to create more engaging photo-books
- Understand the importance of a clear narrative
- How to create a clear narrative
- Understand how a series connected photo-books can create a journey in photography for you
- How to become a established photo-book creator
After the in-person workshop you will have free access to Stewart’s online course: ‘A Master class in Creating Photobooks Like a Professional’ so you can follow it as you design more photo-books.
The Tutor: Stewart Wall
In 2020 the Royal Photographic Society commissioned Stewart to write the criteria for a new distinctions genre called ‘Photo-books’ which he chaired for the first two years of its existance. He is also a Chair and Assessor of the Licentiate Distinction. He is an avid creator of photo-books and has plans to create 100 photo-books in 2024.
Stewart has been a professional photographer since he was taken on as a staff press photographer for The Brentwood Gazetter in 1978 whilst he was still technically a school boy. He went on to freelance for Fleet Street supplying images to newspapers such as The Sunday Times, The Express and the The Daily Mail.
In more recent times, over the last decade he has returned to school and completed a BA (hons) degree in Photography, an MA in Visual Communication (using photography) and a Level 7 PGCE teaching qualification in Lifelong Learning.
The Workshop Price includes:
1) The Master Class Workshop Day
2) Free access to Stewart’s new online course ‘A Master class in Creating Photobooks Like a Professional’
If unfortunately you have to cancel we will make a full refund, if we can fill your space
If the workshop has to be cancelled you will be offered an alternative workshop date or given a full refund